Monitoring and Evaluation are important management functions in today’s business, NGO and government landscape. Monitoring and Evaluation systems essentially focus on the tracking and evaluation of organizational performance. Government, as well as business managers are increasingly challenged to provide evidence for whether their projects or policies are achieving clearly defined outcomes and impacts or not.
This Designing and Implementation of M&E Systems Course provides participants with skills to understand, track and report on monitoring and evaluation. The course is designed to strengthen participants’ existing understanding of monitoring and evaluation. Its emphasis is on designing and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems. The course focuses on the importance of properly designed monitoring and evaluation systems in ensuring that projects achieve the set goals and objectives they are intended to achieve. It also seeks to deepen one’s understanding of M&E and their processes, principles, methodologies and tools, which knowledge is vital within the workplace and beyond. Thus, this Designing and Implementation of M&E Systems Course is therefore designed to deepen both the practical and intellectual appreciation of M&E.
Who Should Attend this Course?
- Government officials
- Senior managers in NGOs
- Project team members
- Project Managers
- Monitoring and evaluation officials
- Policy makers, and regulators working on projects
- Any persons interested in monitoring and evaluation
The course helps participants:
- Understand key elements of an M&E system
- Develop an effective M&E system
- See M&E as a system
- Develop an understanding of the importance of M&E systems in achieving project goals and objectives
- Gain skills on how to develop a sustainable M&E system
- Develop readily usable skills for ensuring success of projects and/or other activities
- Know how to integrate various tools and techniques used in monitoring and evaluation
- Come up with indicators
- Deepen understanding of how to integrate the M&E with strategic management, project management, policy formulation and implementation
- Understand how to link M&E findings to policy development processes