Cash is the lifeblood of organizations and the importance of the treasury function cannot be overemphasized. Treasury management is a broad field within the finance area which is becoming a top priority for most finance people. With the ever-increasing range and complexity of this field, treasury managers need to update their skills continuously in order to effectively deliver in their crucial duties.
This course addresses recent trends in the field of treasury management. It cover score concepts of treasury management including cash forecasting, working capital management, risk management and treasury systems management. It includes the role of treasury in today’s corporate organization. The course provides a comprehensive understanding of the intricacies associated with treasury and cash management functions; which include the functions, roles, and responsibilities as well as the key skills, tools, strategies and techniques essential for efficient treasury and cash management.
Who Should Attend this Course?
- Corporate, banking and financial professionals responsible for treasury management, accountable for treasury activities and those who need to learn about the treasury functions
- Professionals responsible for monitoring financial risks, including credit and interest rate risks
- Managers and decision-makers, whose decision-making and risk analysis techniques will be improved upon by the tools, techniques, strategies and best practices offered by this course
- Professionals who will gain a new perspective and appreciation for corporate decision-making processes from attending this course
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Appreciate the basic concepts of cash management in order to enhance organizational performance
- Recognize the roles, responsibilities, tools and strategies associated with treasury management, including best practices and procedures
- Have improved treasury management skills
- Better understand the importance of
- Cash budgeting and forecasting
- Treasury systems