This Financial Management and Budgetary Control course is designed to deepen participants’ understanding of public sector financial management techniques. It strengthens skills and gives insight into financial management and effective budgetary control tools. It covers financial management; record keeping; budgeting; and budget planning, monitoring and control. Therefore, this Financial Management and Budgetary Control course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to enable them to successfully prepare, analyse, manage and control budgets effectively.
This Financial Management and Budgetary Control course aims to help participants appreciate the importance of sound public sector financial management and budgetary controls to improve their reporting and delivery against budget.
Who Should Attend this Course?
- Senior Finance Officers• Financial Administrators• Financial Policy Analysts
- Government Accountants• Economists• Economic Analysts and Policy Planners
- Senior Managers in Government• Project managers, Coordinators and Officers
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Be equipped with skills to design ways to manage and control use of financialresources in the public sector
- Be able to link the institutional budget to strategic and performance plans
- Be able to develop effective expenditure monitoring mechanisms
- Be able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of various budgeting models
- Be able to perform revenue, expenditure and budget analysis and forecasting
- Be able to construct budgets utilising alternative budgeting, following policy guidelines