This Financial Management for Donor Funded Projects course equips participants with skills to become efficient and effective in the acquisition and utilization of funds for development purposes, using appropriate techniques and application of finance principles in grant management. The course promotes improved compliance with financial reporting and control requirements of the organization as well as international finance institutions by synchronizing accounting and financial management procedures. It includes sound project financial management that provides critical financial information for effective decision-making. This Garvey Africa Institute offered Financial Management for Donor Funded Projects course helps participants to strengthen competencies necessary for planning, designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating an integrated project finance management system that is suitable for efficient and effective delivery of project objectives.
Who Should Attend this Course?
- Project directors, finance directors, finance managers, procurement directors, procurement managers, procurement officers, administrators, project officers, budget accountants
- Officials engaged in the design and implementation of development projects in the organizations that are major recipients of donor funds.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Design various components of an integrated project financial management system with corresponding modules/procedures for planning and budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, internal control, auditing, procurement and disbursement
- Identify factors influencing optional design of a project financial management system
- Explain financial sustainability in projects
- Appraise project funding
- Develop a project log frame
- Write project reports
- Assess effectiveness in donor funds use and legal provisions guiding procurement function
- Design and implement donor funds budgets
- Identify projects requiring donor funding
- Develop project proposals
- Monitor and evaluate project funded by donors
- Understand compliance with standards, legal and administrative framework