This Garvey Africa Institute offered Advanced Donor Funded Project Implementation Techniques and Effective Contract Negotiation course is designed to help project implementers turn possible project failure to success. Garvey Africa Institute is aware that despite the huge volume of international support in development projects, that there is a chronic litany of challenges threatening the effectiveness of development projects. Donor funded projects involve objectives and deliverables with particular challenges at every stage. Thus planning, managing, implementing, reporting and evaluating, imply key aspects that should be considered.
In the development cooperation setting, projects are collaboration systems that involve various partners and are based on the processes of negotiation in political, social and economic processes. The ultimate objective of development cooperation is to realize negotiated and measurable outcomes which address specific challenges in partner countries. Even though every loan or grant agreement provision can be negotiated in theory, in practice a borrower’s or grantee’s negotiating strength depends on its bargaining power. Thus, knowledge of the dynamics of funding and contract negotiation can greatly equip individuals in the face of the need to negotiate or to support those responsible for negotiating.
This comprehensive Advanced Donor Funded Project Implementation Techniques and Effective Contract Negotiation course is very hands-on and interactive thus providing a step by step approach to project management with an emphasis on implementation and negotiation skills. Thus, this Advanced Donor Funded Project Implementation Techniques and Effective Contract Negotiation course helps course participants to better apply project implementation techniques and negotiation skills to ensure sustainable projects and programmes.
Who Should Attend this Course?
- Project managers, officers, coordinators and administrators involved in project implementation
- All professionals who are involved in any stage of the project cycle or who have an interest in project management and contract negotiation
The Advanced Donor Funded Project Implementation Techniques and Effective Contract Negotiation course helps participants to:
- Deepen understanding of implementation of donor funded projects
- Appreciate the importance of every stage in the project life cycle
- Know the critical contributors to the success or failure of projects
- Understand factors that influence achievement of successful implementation of projects
- Stimulate their understanding of the intricacies of negotiation
- Reinforce their current approaches to negotiation
- Enhance negotiation skills through hands-on practical exercises
- Know state of the art tools and techniques for strengthening their negotiating skills